Hi Kevin,

On Thursday, 2019-08-08 15:58:07 -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 12:36:37AM +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
> > > Yes, today I pushed up the ability to select a key during account
> > > creation.
> > > It's rather fresh but I think works okay.
> >
> > Tried that and did (s)elect existing GPG key, but got "No secret key
> > found". Didn't dig deeper.
>
> It's selecting a key from the keyring in $autocrypt_dir.

But that's just after it created the $autocrypt_dir so there's nothing
to select from.. I would had expected it offers to select from the
general gnupg keyring.

> > The docs say that "header cached messages are not re-scanned for
> > Autocrypt headers", however, my gut feeling is that mailboxes not yet
> > scanned are scanned when opening them the first time after autocrypt was
> > initialized, even if header caching is on.
>
> This is likely because the changes to Mutt data structures (to add the
> autocrypt fields) invalidated the header cache.  I didn't mention it in the
> docs because that would make the issue more confusing.

I'll plan for two mugs of coffee when I throw this against IMAP with
folders of 60000-80000 messages.. :-P

  Eike

--
OpenPGP/GnuPG encrypted mail preferred in all private communication.
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A