On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 10:07:04AM -0800, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 10:40:52AM +0300, Consus wrote:
> > It seems like attachments counter (%X) is broken, at least in
> > pager_format. It always expands to 0, no matter how many attached files
> > there is.
>
> It seems to be working for me.
>
> You'll need to add 'attachments' commands to tell Mutt what to match and
> count as an attachment.  See
> <https://muttmua.gitlab.io/mutt/manual-dev.html#attachments>

Does it make sense that the user should need to configure this?  It
seems like the Mutt devs would have a much better idea what
constitutes an attachment (from a technical standpoint) than the
average user...

Personally, I don't care about this feature TBH, but if I did, the way
I would expect that it worked was that Mutt provided sane defaults
(perhaps compiled in, or at least part of the system Muttrc), and
optionally, users could override those if they found it necessary.

-=-=-=-=-