> On Jun 5, 2020, at 1:09 PM, Kevin J. McCarthy <ke...@8t8.us> wrote:
>
> My current plan is to wait a couple more months to see if MS gets on board
> with OAUTHBEARER.  If not, I'll add the authentication mechanism for Mutt
> 1.15.  It will still require an external token script though.

The Gmail token script (the one included with mutt) hardcodes the token
endpoints and scope names used by Gmail, so one must change those to the
corresponding Microsoft values, documented here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/client-developer/legacy-protocols/how-to-authenticate-an-imap-pop-smtp-application-by-using-oauth

The biggest hurdle is the bit on "Register an Application". When you go to
portal.azure.com and select Azure Active Directory / Manage / App
registrations, if you are denied access then you'll have to seek
permission/assistance from your Azure admin.

Alex