On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 11:45:03PM -0400, Aaron Schrab wrote:
At 18:00 -0700 07 Sep 2021, "Kevin J. McCarthy" <ke...@8t8.us> wrote:
Are you using $imap_qresync or $imap_condstore?

Yes, I have both of those enabled (using dovecot 2.3.16 from Debian unstable as the IMAP server). In at least some of the crashes I believe I've seen messages about QRESYNC failing immediately before; but I generally have mutt running in a tmux window that's set to close when mutt exits so the message is generally only visible very briefly.

That gives me some ideas. I'll take a closer look, but I think my fix in commit 74ce032f may have caused some other issues with $imap_qresync.

I don't see how it's causing the crash, but it may be that I didn't properly reset something if verifying the qresync failed, leading to a stray pointer.

I'll try to take a closer look the next couple days.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy