On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 06:57:50PM -0500, rfi from Rich Roth wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 11:48:02PM +0200, Christian R Molls wrote:
>
> > does mutt's internal pop-support forward mail via sendmail or via port 25?
>
> I think you have a mis-understanding of POP - pop has nothing to do with
> forwarding or, for that matter, sending email - and Mutt, does use a MTA
> (like sendmail) to send mail.

Actually, there is some sort of POP magic that can be used to send mail
via the POP daemon.  I don't know how widely supported it is.  I suppose
someone could write a MTA that mutt could use to send mail via that
method, but there seems to be very little point unless you are in a
situation that can't use a SMTP agent.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/