On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 09:30:07AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ah yes. implicit_autoview is only for _autoview_ i.e. entries that a
> 'copiousoutput' tag in mailcap. In otherwords, entries that Mutt can
> display in its internal pager. Since it doesnt find a image/gif
> mailcap with 'copiousoutput', you get the error above.

I see.

> I dont think there is any way to directly hit <Enter> and have it
> launch your 'xv', like it used to before. You have to enter the
> attachment menu, and hit <Enter> on the attachment (it will then pick
> up your image/gif mailcap and launch it)
>
> There was a discussion about this when implicit_autoview was added.
> The rationale was that *automatically* launching the mailcap entry was
> bad. Look up the archives, if you care.

I can understand that people might think it is bad[1]. Nevertheless, the
other way is quite a hassle, and not an option for me. I need a way to
tell mutt to view these Mails without any extra effort. Also the 'M' is
gone, and I'd like to be able to distinguish non-text mails from the

All in all, this makes mutt very unusable for me. *sigh*

CU,
    Sec

[1]. I personally don't think so. Mails had quite appropriately an 'M'
next to them, so you could see that they invoke something. And, whoever
puts something dangerous in his own mailcop deserves what he gets. IMHO

--
> YKYBRASRTLW this beauty of an acronym parses the first time.
Naaah, YKYBRTTSWYKYBAEWTLWTLW that happens.
                                                       -- Bradley & Dave in ASR