On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 02:45:22PM -0700, rex wrote:
> It's fairly common for ISPs to put mail addressed to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] into username's mailbox with the "+whatever"
> intact. This is a handy feature for filtering, seeing who's selling
> your email addy, etc. In effect, you've got as many mailboxes as you
> want with one account.
>
> I'm trying to get my ISP to support this, and need the (sort of) FAQ
> on it as a selling point. Anyone got a pointer to it?  AFAIK, it's
> not made it into any RFCs.

It's a default option in Sendmail, actually... some mentions of it
occur on http://www.sendmail.org/.

  Eg.

    http://www.sendmail.org/m4/misc.html

You can probably find many more references by searching for something
like '"plussed users" near "sendmail"' or similiar...

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]