Stephen Maher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want to hit 's' in index mode to mark mesg for deletion, prompt me
> to save the mesg with default filename, and when I confirm the
> filename, more to the next undeleted mesg ( *as I used to do in elm ).

I don't understand why you are asking this question, because Mutt, with
no configuration changes at all, exhibits exactly the behavior you
describe.  No macros or key-binding changes required.

Press 's'.  Enter the name of the folder you want to save the message
to.  Upon completing the save, the message is marked for deletion, and
the next undeleted message is selected.

> Is there a better way than this broken hack?

On my system, there is.  What's different about yours?

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not