> > I want to hit 's' in index mode to mark mesg for deletion, prompt me
> > to save the mesg with default filename, and when I confirm the
> > filename, more to the next undeleted mesg ( *as I used to do in elm ).
>
> I don't understand why you are asking this question, because Mutt, with
> no configuration changes at all, exhibits exactly the behavior you
> describe.  No macros or key-binding changes required.

Irix?]

Actually, for me - on an Irix 6.3 O2 and an Irix 6.5 Origin - this is
not the default "out-of-box" experience.  It appears that my <Return>
key is actually a <enter> key (in mutt-speak) (this is true for both
the main keyboard and the numeric keypad).

Therefore, to get "normal" "enter" key operation I've had to use the
following bindings:

bind generic <enter> select-entry
bind browser <enter> select-entry
bind postpone <enter> select-entry
bind attach <enter> view-attach
bind compose <enter> view-attach
bind index <enter> display-message

The reason my "save message" (s) command doesn't work properly is that
when I hit 's' to save a message, and then my SGI "enter" key to accept
the mutt-suggested filename to save the message in, mutt interprets my
"enter" as unbinded and returns to index mode.

When trying to remap this operation to my keyboard, I find the following
in the docs:

<Return>        n/a             finish editing

Where the "n/a" seems to make this un-remappable.

Does this require a recompile or what?

Thanks,

Steve

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (301) 286-3368  fax:(301) 286-1776
http://holodeck.gsfc.nasa.gov/vr/vr.html