On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at  6:20 AM, David Thorburn-Gundlach typed:

> Hi, folks --
>
> I think I saw this a long time ago, but I now cannot find any such
> reference in the manual or in the sample .muttrc.
>
> Is there a way that I can test for my terminal type, like vt100, and
> set some things based on that?  I'd like to "set ascii_chars" and
> "set pager_index_lines=3" when I'm using a vt100 (from home) instead
> of an xterm (from work).
>
> Note that I don't mess with color, so "mode color" and "mode mono"
> probably won't do much for me anyway.

a quick but does-the-job solution is to use "source ~/.muttrc-$TERM" from
your .muttrc file. of course the files can go anywhere to avoid
"dot-clutter", and can have settings (or not) for color, etc.

you can have several plain files (.muttrc-vt100, .muttrc-xterm, etc) or
just link similar terminal names to one file...

--
-e