Quoting Niels Rasmussen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) from Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 11:02:41PM +0200:

> Hi all

> As a newbie I must say that I am getting exstremely frustrated at
> the moment !!  Mutt is a wonderfull mailclient with all the features
> that I always wanted!  But why in the H... cant I send mail with it
> ??  In the last 12 hours I have tried to make it work, is it at all
> possible ??

I give up, why *can't* you send mail with it? :-)

What happens when you try? Do you get errors? Are there errors in
sendmail's logfiles? Can you send mail to other local users? Can
you send mail from other mail programs on the machine (especially,
/bin/mail)? Which ones?

It appears that Pine works for you -- are you having Pine send
mail right to dssmtp.isp.dk, or is it using your local sendmail?

> sendmail:
> DSsmtp.ISP.dk
> And ??

Well, sendmail should be running on *your* machine. Mutt isn't like
{Pine, Eudora, Netscape} where your mail client connects to an smtp
server somewhere else -- it hands the message to sendmail directly.

> muttrc:
> set sendmail="/usr/lib/sendmail -oi -oem"
> And ??

Well, assuming that it's there, that looks fine. (You checked, right?)

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services
   Concordia University, Montreal, QC                 (514) 848-7600