On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 03:10:54PM +0700, m4v3r1ck wrote:
> I was hoping that the new procmail can direct mails to $HOME/Maildir
> (actually the file end up in $HOME/Maildir/new right?) in maildir format
> and re-direct all other mails specified by the procmail rules I've set up
> to $HOME/mail in mbox format. Unfortunately that version of procmail still
> tries to deliver mails to /var/spool/mail/$USER =(

In your .procmailrc you need to set:

DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

The trailing slash is very important btw.  It is how qmail and
the patched procmail determine that you want messages in a qmail
format.  I've actually got that on two lines, and I can't remember why
exactly:

MAILDIR=$HOME
DEFAULT=$MAILDIER/Maildir/

Either should probably work just fine for you.  See the other response
to your question for info on how to invoke procmail in your .qmail
file.  If you do this then you just need the entry in .qmail, and none
of the others aliases are necessary.

Brian

PGP signature