m4v3r1ck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm just starting to use maildir as my mailbox type.  Now, whenever I
> got a message in maildir, the mutt index page shows that the message
> is O bytes in size.

They're not 0 bytes, they're 0 *lines*.  That is to say, the messages do
not have a Lines: header in them.  With mbox folders, Mutt's parsing of
the folder requires it to read every line of every message, so it is
able to calculate the size of the messages and add these headers for
you.  Since maildir parsing does not require this calculation, it is
skipped, in the interest of speed.

If you still want to see an approximation of the relative sizes of the
messages, change your index_format (called "hdr_format" in old versions)
and use the "%c" expando, instead of "%l".

    set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b %e} %-15.15L (%4c) %s"
                                               ^^^^^  was (%4l)

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not