At 11:43 PM EDT on August  4 Azeem Shahjahan Jiva sent off:
> Java for a little random sig thing!  Wow talk about over kill!  Try this...

I think what he was looking for was this:

set signature="program|"

i.e. if your sig comes from a program instead of a file, let mutt know
by putting a pipe sign "|" at the end.

There are all kinds of sig pickers, many of which are listed at
http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/mutt/ which also has an emacs mode
which comes in handy when the random sig picker comes up with one
you'd rather it hadn't.  I still have to update that page to mention
huggietag...it seems incredibly powerful, but I have no need for it myself.

--
Questions are a burden for others,
answers a prison for oneself.        - from The Prisoner.