On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 04:40:23PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser spewed forth:
> Fairlight [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> > ... I think the manual said use the default
> > object for a transparent colour.  My version (compiled against SLang)
> > doesn't seem to recognize that keyword at all.
>
> Acc. to the manual:
> "If Mutt is linked against the S-Lang library, you also need to set the
> COLORFGBG environment variable to the default colors of your terminal for
> this to work; for example (for Bourne-like shells):
>
>       set COLORFGBG="green;black"
>       export COLORFGBG

Yes, Jeremy, I realize that, and it's in place.  I have (I use tcsh):
     setenv COLORFGBG "brightyellow;blue"

The problem is, that strictly affects the top menu bar.  The way I read the
original post, he seemed to want the entire screen white.  COLORFGBG does
not accomplish that task, even if I remove "color normal white black"...the
body of my email is still white on black.

So far as I can tell, it strictly applies to the top menu bar, which is why
I didn't list that as a solution.  I was simply saying I couldn't vouch for
"default"'s behaviour, since it isn't recognized if you link with SLang.

If the COLORFGBG can do more than what it is, I'd like to know how.  :)

mark->
--
Fairlight->   |||        [EMAIL PROTECTED]          | Fairlight Consulting
  __/\__      ||| "I'm talking for free...           | http://www.fairlite.com