Fairlight [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 04:40:23PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser spewed forth:
> > Fairlight [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> > > ... I think the manual said use the default
> > > object for a transparent colour.  My version (compiled against SLang)
> > > doesn't seem to recognize that keyword at all.
> >
> > Acc. to the manual:
> > "If Mutt is linked against the S-Lang library, you also need to set the
> > COLORFGBG environment variable to the default colors of your terminal for
> > this to work; for example (for Bourne-like shells):
> >
> >       set COLORFGBG="green;black"
> >       export COLORFGBG
>
> Yes, Jeremy, I realize that, and it's in place.  I have (I use tcsh):
>      setenv COLORFGBG "brightyellow;blue"
>
> The problem is, that strictly affects the top menu bar.  The way I read the
> original post, he seemed to want the entire screen white.  COLORFGBG does
> not accomplish that task, even if I remove "color normal white black"...the
> body of my email is still white on black.

No.  His goal was to have transparent backgrounds if possible; if not, then
a white background.  I told him how to get a transparent background.  I've
got COLORFGBG="default;default", using S-Lang, and it works fine to have a
pixmap background.  I've no real idea how S-Lang works, I just know this is
what works for me, and I got it from some FAQ somewhere.

> So far as I can tell, it strictly applies to the top menu bar, which is why
> I didn't list that as a solution.  I was simply saying I couldn't vouch for
> "default"'s behaviour, since it isn't recognized if you link with SLang.

It certainly is recognized.  Do you perhaps have an old version of either
S-Lang or Mutt?

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/

PGP signature