On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 02:11:22PM -0500, David DeSimone spewed forth:
> Fairlight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Basically, I want all read messages to go to =received when quitting or
> > changing folders.  But NOT when I'm in certain folders (like
> > /home/fairlite/folders/funnies, which has 900+ jokes from over the years),
> > or when I'm already in =received...things like that.
>
> Well, the automatic moving of messages to your received folder is
> handled by the 'move' variable.
>
> You could just set it to 'ask-yes', and then you'll be asked when you
> want it to happen.  Or you can specify a list of folder-hooks that set
> it to 'ask-yes' or 'yes' or 'no' according to the folder.
>
>     folder-hook .             'set move=ask-yes'      # Default
>     folder-hook       funnies         'set move=no'
>     folder-hook       otherfolder     'set move=ask-no'

That sets up part of it...except what I'm -also- trying to do is get the
place to save to set to =received as well...and those appear to be set by
the save-hook and mbox-hook...that's a problem...unless you can combine
them with what you have here?  (I'm feeling braindead today...help me out
here?)

> You get the idea.  The important thing to realize is that Mutt examines
> ALL the folder-hooks, and runs ALL of them that match.  It doesn't try
> to pick the "best" match and only run that.  It runs them all, if
> possible.  :)

If that was true, wouldn't it match the "." default every time?

mark->
--
Fairlight->   |||        [EMAIL PROTECTED]          | Fairlight Consulting
  __/\__      ||| "I'm talking for free...           | http://www.fairlite.com