Folks,
this is happening too fast... ;-)

Anyway, the new RPMs are finished and available (as usual) at:

http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan/tuxior.html

Maybe this time I get round to upload them to incoming.redhat.com/libc6 ...
Ahem...

List of RPMs (all for Red Hat Linux 5.2):

- mutt-1.0pre1i-1.rhl5.rpm
- mutt-1.0pre1i-1.cfp.rhl5.rpm
- mutt-1.0pre1i-1.cfp.src.rpm

This is the international version of mutt, i.e. it includes PGP support
(you'll need to have pgp installed to take advantage of this).

The first version only inlcudes a small patch to add a sample colour setup
(commented out) to the global configuration file Muttrc.
To enable the setup, either uncomment those lines or (recommended) copy
that file into your home directory as .muttrc and edit that instead.

The ".cfp" version also includes the compressed folder patch (i.e. gzipped
folders and bzip2'ed folders are supported) and a second patch to Muttrc to
enable compressed folder support.

Both binary RPMs include an entry for wmconfig (i.e. mutt should show up
in your window manager menu, if you're using a wmconfig aware setup -
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
e.g. the window managers that come with Red Hat 5.2 or the Window Maker
0.52.0 RPMs Jim, Jeffrey and myself published a while ago).
In addition, the RPMs contain a small shell script called "cmutt" which gets
installed in /usr/bin. All it does is setting the TERM variable to
xterm-color (if necessary) before calling mutt. ncurses is a bit picky
about TERM and mightn't display colours in an ordinary rxvt or xterm
otherwise.

Note that both binary RPMs can be built from the same SRPM!

I've attached the RPM description and the RPM.README file for more
information. Be sure to read all documentation in /usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i...
:-)

Have fun,

Thomas

P.S.: Still wanted: Folks to build RPMs for other distros!
      I *might* actually get a chance to build RHL 6.0/i386, too, but no
      promises... :-/
      Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan    ICQ#: 15839919
_______________________
|O|  mutt-1.0pre1i  |X|
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This RPM packages was built for Red Hat Linux 5.2. However, using the
source RPM, it should be reasonably easy to rebuild them for other RPM
based Linux distributions as well. If you would like to contribute RPMs
based on my spec file and join me in providing RPMs for more than just
one distribution, please drop me a note. Thanks!

The packages lives on http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan/tuxior.html
and may end up on contrib.redhat.com as well.
It is signed with my PGP key. (public key available at:
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan/emgaron.txt)

These packages are available both with and without the compressed
folder patch from  Roland Rosenfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
Here's how to tell the difference:

    Plain Red Hat Linux 5.2 (glibc 2.0) packages look like this:

        mutt-1.0pre1i-1.rhl5.i386.rpm
                      ^^^^^^^^^

    Red Hat Linux 5.2 (glibc 2.0) packages with compressed folder
    patch look like this:

        mutt-1.0pre1i-1.cfp.rhl5.i386.rpm
                      ^^^^^^^^^

Usage Notes:
  mutt was linked against ncurses. This has the advantage of providing
  a slighty better colour support than S-Lang (default colours work
  better) but the disadvantage, that ncurses/mutt won't display
  colours if the TERM variable is set to xterm. To take advantage of
  the colour display, you'll have to either set TERM to xterm-color or
  use the cmutt script I provided. cmutt is a simple shell script
  which sets TERM to xterm-color if necessary and then calls mutt.

  Note that *no* default colours are defined in /etc/Muttrc. However,
  I did provide a sample colour setup in /etc/Muttrc, though commented
  out. To enable it, you either need to uncomment those lines, or
  (recommended) copy the file into your home directory as ".muttrc"
  and edit that file.
  In addition, this file contains a list of all mutt variables and the
  global PGP, POP3 and compressed folder settings (compressed folder version
  only!). All of this can be overridden in a personal $HOME/.muttrc file.

  Be sure to read mutt's manual /usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual.txt!
  If you're using mutt's standard configuration, F1 should also display the
  manual.

Important SRPM/Rebuild Notes:
  - Both plain and cfp version of the binary RPMs can be built from
    the same SRPM (hence I provide only one). Look into the file
    mutt-1.0pre1i.spec.in for details.
  - You might encounter problems when rebuilding if you changed the
    permissions on /var/spool/mail from the stock Red Hat value
    (-rwxrwxr-x root mail).
    If you changed the permissions to -rwxrwxrwx root mail,
    "mutt_dotlock" will not get built and the rebuild will fail with an
    error (as that file is missing). To succeed in rebuilding, either
    change the permissions back (at least temprarily during the build)
    or change the spec file (remove the %files entry for mutt_dotlock).

_________________________
|O|  Changes & Notes  |X|
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

* mutt-1.0pre1i-1 *
  No major changes. I really intend to get out a RHL 6.0 i386 RPM soon...

* mutt-0.95.7i-1 *
  A few improvements, based on the feedback I got after the 0.95.6i-1
  release:
  - the patch to add colour definitions to Muttrc now only adds
    commented lines. That way, it's really up to the user to either
    uncomment those or (recommended) to copy Muttrc to $HOME/.muttrc
    and edit that.
  - cmutt has been improved and now uses "tput" to determine the
    colour capabilities of the terminal it's in. Thanks to
    Thomas E. Dickey for the suggestion.
  - BUGFIX: During "install" (while building the RPM), the directory
    "html" got installed on the life system rather than in the
    RPM_BUILD_ROOT. Fixed by using "docdir" in install.

  The same (well - except for the changes mentioned above) three
  patches were applied to the sources as in mutt-0.95.6i-1 (see
below).

* mutt-0.95.6i-1 *
  I changed the naming conventions. ".cfp" in the name now marks RPMs with
  the compressed folder patch applied. It is now possible to build
  both the plain and the patched version from the same spec.in file by
  simply providing a command line switch when running bash over the
  spec.in file.

  Three patches were applied to the source in this RPM:
  - patch to add colour definitions /etc/Muttrc
  - patch to add compressed folder settings to /etc/Muttrc ("cfp" version only)
  - compressed folder patch ("cfp" version only)

* mutt-0.95.5i-1 *
  This is the first time I release a mutt RPM with this type of spec
  file (m4 based).

  Several patches were applied to the original source:
  - fcc bugfix patch
  - function key bugfix patch
  - menu bugfix patch
  - compressed folder patch
  - patch to add colour definitions and compressed folder settings to
    /etc/Muttrc

  Added a shell script cmutt to set TERM before running mutt.
  Added menu entry in /etc/X11/wmconfig.

* Please please read the documentation in /usr/doc/mutt-0.95.7i/

|O|  Red Hat Linux 5.x (glibc 2.0) Notes  |X|

THOMAS:  The package was built on a i586 (K6-2/300) system running
Red Hat Linux 5.2 (Apollo), with all official Red Hat updates applied.
NOTE: This means I was using rpm 3.0 to build this package!

This system has the following library versions:

    libc.so.6.0.7       <--(glibc 2.0.7)
    libnsl.so.1         <--(glibc 2.0.7)
    libncurses.so.4     <--(ncurses-4.2-10)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2  <--(glibc 2.0.7)

and the following other relevant packages:

    gcc-2.7.2.3-14
    rpm-3.0.2-5.x

A message to Red Hat 5.0 users: This package is built against a newer
versions of glibc than ships with Red Hat 5.0. I would personally
recommend upgrading your system to Red Hat 5.2, which is much more
stable and mature, but if that is not possible, I recommend that you
at least apply all of the official errata updates (especially the
glibc updates).  These updates can be found at ftp://updates.redhat.com

Red Hat 5.2 users should have no difficulty installing this package.

____________________
|O|  Disclaimer  |X|
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No warranties, even the implied ones, not valid where probited by law,
your mileage may vary, don't take candy from strangers, read the NEWS
file, etc., etc.

--
Thomas Ribbrock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Name        : mutt                         Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.0pre1i                          Vendor: THoR
Release     : 1.cfp.rhl5                    Build Date: Mit 25 Aug 1999 00:45:38 IST
Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: angua
Group       : Applications/Mail             Source RPM:
mutt-1.0pre1i-1.cfp.rhl5.src.rpm
Size        : 1839015                          License: GPL
Packager    : Thomas Ribbrock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
URL         : http://www.mutt.org/
Summary     : The Mutt Mail User Agent
Description :
Mutt is a small but very powerful full-screen Unix mail client. Features
include MIME, POP3, multiple mailbox formats, colour, message threading,
scoring, and bindable keys.

mutt was compiled with the following options:
 --enable-pop
   POP3 support

 --with-sgid
   Set group ID - that way mutt should work with Red Hat's default permissions
   on /var/spool/mail

 --enable-compressed
   compressed folder support - gzip and bzip2.

 full NLS support - all message catalogs are installed.

The following patches were applied:
- patch to add colour definitions (commented out) to /etc/Muttrc
- patch to add compressed folder settings to /etc/Muttrc
- compressed folder patch from Roland Rosenfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/etc/Muttrc
/etc/X11/wmconfig/mutt
/usr/bin/cmutt
/usr/bin/mutt
/usr/bin/mutt_dotlock
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/ABOUT-NLS
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/COPYRIGHT
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/ChangeLog
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/GPL
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/INSTALL
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/NEWS
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/OPS
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/OPS.PGP
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/PGP-Notes.txt
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/README
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/README.SECURITY
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/TODO
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/applying-patches.txt
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/devel-notes.txt
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual-1.html
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual-2.html
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual-3.html
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual-4.html
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual-5.html
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual-6.html
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual-7.html
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual.html
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual.sgml
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/manual.txt
/usr/doc/mutt-1.0pre1i/mutt-1.0pre1i-1.RPMS.README
/usr/man/man1/mutt.1
/usr/man/man1/mutt_dotlock.1
/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/id/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo
/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/mutt.mo