Brian D. Winters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> set spoolfile='{imapserver}inbox'
> set folder='{imapserver}INBOX'

That first setting works, and makes sense, but the second doesn't.  Mutt
will take the second setting and expand it whenever a path is referenced
that starts with "=" or "+".  It doesn't have any other significance, so
if you don't use those prefixes, then you don't even have to set
$folder.

But, as shown, a folder name such as "+folder" would expand out to be
"{imapserver}INBOX/folder".  That's clearly the wrong path; it should be
"{imapserver}folder" to reference a folder stored in your home
directory.

But Mutt insists on inserting that slash character, so a setting of
simple "{imapserver}" for $folder would expand to "{imapserver}/folder",
which refers to a file in the root directory, and not the user's home
directory.

On my server, I have login access, and so I have placed all
my folders in a subdirectory called "mail".  So, I can set
folder="{imapserver}mail", and thus Mutt will expand "+folder"
to be "{imapserver}mail/folder", which is correct.

Well.. it's correct, if your server uses "/" as a pathname separator.
If it only understands ".", the above wouldn't work...

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not