On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 04:49:09AM +0300, Mikko Hänninen wrote:
> Raju K V <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Fri, 03 Sep 1999:
> > From a mail how do I take and display all the email addresses in
> > it(from, to , cc and body of text) so that I can add them to my alias
> > file? What I want is similar to pine's take(T) option?
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to use urlview for this?  I haven't
> used urlview much (or rather, configured it much), so I don't know
> whether it could do this as well.  What I'm thinking that along with
> the URLs, or possibly if invoked with a different regexp file, you
> would be presented with all the email addresses and pressing enter on
> them would save it to a file...  Has someone else tried this approach,
> or is it an idea that's completely unworkable?

It is perfectly workable. Pete Toscano and I improved .urlview
to handle mail URLs such as mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] and just [EMAIL PROTECTED] from the
regexp and pass them to url_handler.sh which calls mutt for
mail URLs, netscape/lynx for http:// and www.x.y URLs, ncftp/ncftpget
for ftp:// and ftp.x.y URLs. It should be not too difficult to
alter the section that deals with mail URLs in a different way and
save them to file. I guess you could run urlview with a different
.urlview for both a different regexp and different action. Go for it.

I will be posting out final changes this week after a final check. We
will suggest they go in the main mutt distribution.

Cheers, Brian.

--
        Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke)
Chemistry, Faculty of Science, IT and Education, Northern Territory University,