Jeff Taylor [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> There may be some minimalist MTA that just dumps it to the SMTP server or
> your choice.

There is, ssmtp:
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/mail/mta/ssmtp-2.33.tar.gz

Fairlight wrote:
> > I took it to mean he wants to have -no- MTA at all and just redirect all
> > outbound mail to another server's MTA (a-la Outlook, Netscape, etc).  I can
> > see why this might be desirable, however a look through the manual left me
> > clueless as to how to accomplish it.  I don't think the feature exists.  If
> > it -does- exist, the sendmail variable section in the manual should be
> > changed to crossreference to it, IMHO.  :)

It does not exist, because implementing these things in Mutt would require
making Mutt a minimalist MTA, and Mutt is not an MTA, it is an MUA.  Better
to leave this functinality in another (user specified) program.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/

PGP signature