On Thursday, 09 September 1999 at 00:51, Fairlight wrote:
> <snip>
> > It does not exist, because implementing these things in Mutt would require
> > making Mutt a minimalist MTA, and Mutt is not an MTA, it is an MUA.  Better
> > to leave this functinality in another (user specified) program.
>
> Erm....two comments, diametrically opposed:
>
> 1) That philosophy is a good one, but implimenting POP3 and IMAP flies in
>    the face of it, making Mutt a minimalist MDA, in addition to an MUA.
>    Not a complaint, but an observation.  Technically, either both should
>    be supported minimally, or neither, IMHO.

IMAP is *NOT* POP! IMAP is *NOT* a mail delivery protocol. It is for
MUAs. In fact, support for *IMAP* in fetchmail is what is vaguely
inappropriate. I hear this a lot from people who think IMAP is another
way to spell POP, and it's not true.

http://www.imap.org/imap.vs.pop.brief.html

--
Brendan Cully <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | OLD SKOOL ROOLZ
"I hope I don't win                |          .-_|\