Troy Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Fri, 01 Oct 1999:
> 1. In the folder "stuff", use the signature file ~/.sig and the address
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     otherwise, use the default From: address and no sig
>
> 2. On any new message or replies to *@stuff.com, use the address
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     otherwise, default From: address
>
> 3. On any new message or replies From: [EMAIL PROTECTED], use the signature file
> ~/.sig
>     otherwise, no sig
>
> 4. Reply to *all* messages with the realname set to Troy Davis but using the
> address that the message was sent to if it's one of my alternates -- a
> halfbaked reverse_name.

Hmmm, ok, so you want basically 2 different behaviours:

1) If in the folder "stuff", or if sending email to any @stuff.com
address, use
- a From header of "From: Troy Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
- a signature ~/.sig

2) Otherwise, use
- a From header with reverse_name (the address that the email was sent to)
- no signature

So let's see...

folder-hook .      'send-hook . "source default-settings"'
folder-hook =stuff 'send-hook . "source stuff-settings"'
send-hook   "~t @stuff\.com" 'source stuff-settings'
set reverse_name

in file default-settings:
unmy_hdr From
unset signature

in file stuff-settings:
my_hdr From: Troy Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
set signature=~/.sig

All of the above is untested, but I hope it works. :-)  You might be
able to get away without using 2 extra rc files, but I think it makes
things clearer.  I would advise against playing with hostname and
rather to create the From header that you want yourself with my_hdr.

Hope this helps,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /