On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 01:17:09PM -0500, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 02:00:15PM -0400, Tim Pierce wrote:
> > That is what a knowledgable and experienced person would do, but we
> > are talking about the naive and clueless.
>
> Mutt is a power-users' mailer (unless this has changed recently). It
> does not cater to the clueless, and I don't want to use software that
> does.

Nor would I, but I am not talking about dumbing down the software.
you should read more carefully.

i am pleased to learn about sSMTP -- it does sound like an excellent
solution to someone in this situation.  if questions about MTAs become
more common, perhaps it would be helpful to mention this in mutt's
README or INSTALL files.  it does not seem that anything more needs
to be done.

--
Regards,
Tim Pierce