Ryan Claycamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am setting up a script file to fetch a web page every day and mail
> it to a friend.  I do great getting the file with wget.  When I pipe
> it to mutt, it sends it through as plain text.

This is pretty much a limitation of Mutt's batch mode.

> If I was doing this manually, I discovered that I could edit-type to
> text/html.  How do I do this from the command line, so I can run it
> from cron?

Somehow I doubt this can be done, but some of Mutt's users are pretty
clever...

One way to do this would be to send the wget output to a file, then
attach that file in batch mode, using the -a switch to Mutt.  But your
message will still need a text/plain part to make up the main body, to
which the HTML will be attached.

A tool which is better-suited to your particular task, is mpack.  You
might want to give it a try.  Mutt isn't *always* the answer to your
E-mail needs, you know.  :)

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not