David DeSimone wrote:

> Ryan Claycamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I am setting up a script file to fetch a web page every day and mail
> > it to a friend.  I do great getting the file with wget.  When I pipe
> > it to mutt, it sends it through as plain text.
>
> This is pretty much a limitation of Mutt's batch mode.
>
> > If I was doing this manually, I discovered that I could edit-type to
> > text/html.  How do I do this from the command line, so I can run it
> > from cron?
>
> Somehow I doubt this can be done, but some of Mutt's users are pretty
> clever...
>
> One way to do this would be to send the wget output to a file, then
> attach that file in batch mode, using the -a switch to Mutt.  But your
> message will still need a text/plain part to make up the main body, to
> which the HTML will be attached.
>
> A tool which is better-suited to your particular task, is mpack.  You
> might want to give it a try.  Mutt isn't *always* the answer to your
> E-mail needs, you know.  :)

Thanks for the help David.  The first option didn't help because I want
her to be able to read the file inline with an html capable mail
reader.  However, the second option, mpack, did work.  I now have a
script that fetches the web page with wget, send it to her with mpack,
and then erases the fetched page.  This time mutt didn't do the trick.
:)

Ryan
--
Visit the Guernsey Aviation web page - http://www.guernseyaviation.com/