Sven Guckes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I am lazy and pressing that X is easier then typing "q", "y" :-)
>
>         :set quit=yes
>
> Now you just have to type 'q' - from anywhere within the xterm.

The "y" that he's referring to might be the "delete" prompt, so perhaps

    :set delete=yes

would also help, and perhaps

    :set move=no (or yes)

would help further.

> Isn't that much easier than reaching for the mouse and place it on the
> "X" first?  ;-)

I am inclined to agree that, in a mailer program, the hands are more
likely to be located closer to the keyboard, than the mouse.  :)

> But you have a point there - mutt does not exit gracefully.

This could be argued quite a bit, I imagine.  Suppose your X server blew
up, and took all your windows with it?  Mutt cannot tell the difference
between that condition, and closing the xterm with the [X] button.  In
both cases, the xterm disappears from around Mutt, and it has no idea
why.  In this case, Mutt errs on the side of caution, because it doesn't
want to lose information, unless it's sure that you are really quitting.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not