David DeSimone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 10 Nov 1999:
> This could be argued quite a bit, I imagine.  Suppose your X server blew
> up, and took all your windows with it?  Mutt cannot tell the difference
> between that condition, and closing the xterm with the [X] button.  In
> both cases, the xterm disappears from around Mutt, and it has no idea
> why.  In this case, Mutt errs on the side of caution, because it doesn't
> want to lose information, unless it's sure that you are really quitting.

What's different in the X server blowing up, why shouldn't Mutt exit
gracefully in that situation?

I agree that there should be caution taken in this situation, but I'm
not sure if exiting without saving anything is the right choice.  And
another point is that someone closing the xterm intentionally is a much
more common event than the X server crashing (I would hope!), even if
that doesn't mean the latter should be ignored as a possibility.

I wonder how feasible it would be to add some sort of option for this?
Or a configure option possibly?

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /