On 1999.11.11, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Sven Guckes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want an extra flag for work related mails
> so they wont show up as  non-personal mails.
>
> And I want an extra pattern modifier for these
> so I wont have to use long regexp with limit commands.

I have four jobs and a major identity crisis.  I'd like to extend
Sven's request to six flags, please.

I don't see that's it's the mail agent's task to mark mail according to
whatever roles the user splits them among in his mind.  While I like
marking my mail, too, it's not my mailer's job to facilitate this.  If
it chooses to do so, it must not make assumptions about these
categories; it must provide a means of allowing me to define categories
arbitrarily within the limits of its matching ability.

This would mean implementing unlimited categories, with matching rules
which are not limited exclusively to the destination address (using,
say, mutt's general message-matching syntax), and with the ability to
mark messages with more than just a particular letter in the status
field.

I use procmail to do it instead.

--
-D. [EMAIL PROTECTED]    "Tuna Casserole. Ingredients: 1 large casserole dish.
    NS/ENSA              Place [the dish] in a cold oven. Place a chair facing