On Tuesday, 23 November 1999 at 12:30, John P . Looney wrote:
>  Anyone that's using IMAP - change "RECENT" to "UNSEEN" in
> imap/imap.c:1208, and "new mail" checking will feel a lot better.
>
>  Thanks to Brendan Cully for pointing me in this direction...

I haven't used non-IMAP mutt in such a long time I've forgotten how
folders with new mail are dealt with normally. Is this new behaviour
more like normal mutt? I've gotten kind of used to the current (\Recent)
behaviour, but if everyone would prefer going to \Unseen we can
certainly change it?

In short, does mutt put all folders that have unread mail in the "new
mail" list, or only those that have mail that has arrived since you last
opened the folder?

Which style do people prefer?

Thanks,
Brendan