On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 01:40:18PM -0600, David DeSimone wrote:
:
:See, now we get to the case of why users are pointed to fetchmail:
:Because fetchmail has been bloated, er, I mean, specifically written to
:understand these buggy servers and try its best to deal with them.
:Trying to add this POP3 support to Mutt, you're going to run into the
:same problems, and probably get buried under user complaints about how
:things don't work just the way they want them to.

Here's my two cents on the matter.  I like the fact that Mutt is just a
MUA, and an excellent MUA at that.  POP3 sucks.  And I'd rather see that
it remains outside of Mutt.  Keep the bloat down.

And why can't the Fetchmail folks have a distributable libpop3.so that
other apps can link in and use?  Reusability... wasn't one of the goals
of good programming?

--
Eugene Lee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]