I find with my mutt-1.0i running on UnixWare 2.1.3, with TERM=dtterm,
every time the timeout (or whatever) period expires and it checks for
new mail, the program emits a "make cursor visible", then stat()'s the
mail drop, then sends "make cursor invisible".

This causes my poor (yet expensive) ISDN connection to demand-dial on
the timeout (or whatever) interval, even when I'm receiving no new mail.
Which usually means it just stays up all the time while mutt is running
across a remote ssh or whatever.  I can't think of a timeout value that
is long enough to keep the ISDN calls down yet short enough to satisfy
my demand for seeing new mail arrive.

Is there a benefit or reason to mutt's behaving this way?  I know there
must be a way to "fix" this in the source.  I may undertake this if it
seems appropriate and hasn't yet been done.  Or I may just bump up the
timeout and live with it.

Thanks,

Larry