Thanks for adding the detailed explanation. I don't have anything to
offer by way of assistence, but I'd like to second your request; I
notice the same behavior in another context.

I run in a screen(1) session on a raw console all the time, by
strong preference. If mutt didn't do this, I could use screen's
"monitor" function to give me a little notice, in the status area,
whenever I get new mail, no matter what window is up at the time. As
it is, mutt natters at the screen every time it checks, regardless
of whether it has anything to say or not.

-Bennett

PGP signature