Jamie Love <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Fri, 11 Feb 2000:
> This is probably just a simple error on my part but...

Not really an error, it's a feature of Mutt. :-)

> When I send mail, anywhere and it recieve it back (ie, through a mailing
> list, or when I send mail to myself - for testing purposes, I'm not
> really that lonely :-), I get, instead of my name, the name of the
> address I sent it to. For example, this email will show up as from
> "To [EMAIL PROTECTED]" which is weird.

This is because Mutt assumes that for emails which you sent yourself,
you're more interested in seeing the *recipient* rather than your own
name.  You can tell the email is from you because it says that "To ..."
there.

> When I read the message, the From: line has my name/email address there.
> I think, for some reason it's reading the To: line.

Correct.

> Have I missed something from the manual?

Probably. :-)  For one, I would read the section on $index_format.

> Anyone know how to fix this to show my email address?

If you don't like the behaviour (which I find very useful), change your
$index_format variable.  Instead of %F, you could use %n or %f, or %L if
that's what you like.  %n would probably be the exact thing you asked
for, but have a look at the manual anyway for the other options.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /