Bevan Broun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 01 Mar 2000:
> Im using a perl program called pop_perl5, which doesnt require
> sendmail running on the local machine and has a daemon mode. I make an
> ssh tunnel first:

fetchmail doesn't require that either (I'm not sure if you were implying
that it did, or not).  And it can also be configured to use an
ssh-tunnel for the pop-retrieval.

I'm not saying using pop_perl5 is bad or that it shouldn't be used (in
favour of fetchmail), it's good to have choice. :-)  Just wanted to
clarify that the above is possible with fetchmail too.  I'd be happy to
share my .fetchmailrc entries for that if anyone is interested in it,
mail me privately for that as it's a bit off-topic for this list.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /