Hi,

On Wed, Mar 08 2000 14:02:23 +0530 wrote Mrinal Kalakrishnan
with subject "Reply to full name from alias list":

> I was wondering if there is a feature by which, when I reply to, say
> this mailing list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), the `To:' line should become
> the whole name and address from my alias file - i.e. `The Mutt Users
> List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>', instead of what the original sender put
> in his `To:' line.

I was close to ask the same question. Mutt doesn't have this feature
so far. My solution was to modify `send.c' in that way that it takes
the alias address and real name rather than the presented `from' line
when I reply to someone. This is just a quick solution and there is no
way to turn it off (yet). And I'm not sure if it works in list-replys,
as I thought _this_ would not be necessary.
I started thinking I would be the only one who needs it. But it may be
a suggestion for the next release(?) to make it to an option like
`reverse_alias_reply' (or something less intuitive :).

Regards, Stefan.

PS: I have a `send.c.diff' which worked on 1.1.4, 1.1.5 and 1.1.8 but
I'm not sure if i did the very correct thing. Should I post it anyway
here or should I go to the mutt-dev list with that?

--
Help me, I'm a prisoner in a Fortune cookie file!