Stefan, et al --

...and then Stefan Bender said...
% Hi,
%
% On Wed, Mar 08 2000 14:02:23 +0530 wrote Mrinal Kalakrishnan
% with subject "Reply to full name from alias list":
%
% > the whole name and address from my alias file - i.e. `The Mutt Users
% > List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>', instead of what the original sender put
% > in his `To:' line.
%
% I was close to ask the same question. Mutt doesn't have this feature

I asked exactly this question, in fact, on 2000Feb08 but got absolutely
no response.  You guys must have been on vacation or something ;-)

% so far. My solution was to modify `send.c' in that way that it takes
% the alias address and real name rather than the presented `from' line
% when I reply to someone. This is just a quick solution and there is no

That's *exactly* what I'd like ...

% way to turn it off (yet). And I'm not sure if it works in list-replys,

... and I can't see any reason to turn it off (for me, anyway).

% as I thought _this_ would not be necessary.
% I started thinking I would be the only one who needs it. But it may be
% a suggestion for the next release(?) to make it to an option like
% `reverse_alias_reply' (or something less intuitive :).

Sounds good to me!

%
% Regards, Stefan.
%
% PS: I have a `send.c.diff' which worked on 1.1.4, 1.1.5 and 1.1.8 but
% I'm not sure if i did the very correct thing. Should I post it anyway
% here or should I go to the mutt-dev list with that?

Patches often get posted here, though it's my understanding that patches
for release consideration should go to mutt-dev.  I think that there's
also a patching guideline somewhere to keep the code looking the same,
but maybe not -- it certainly doesn't apply to me :-)

%
% --
% Help me, I'm a prisoner in a Fortune cookie file!

*grin*

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature