[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My idea is to use Mutt to encode the attachments and produce the
> headers.

This is not a bad idea, but Mutt is really designed more for interactive
use, and thus, there may be other tools better suited.  Have you looked
at the "mpack" utility?  It encodes attachments and sends them in a
batch mode.

> the subscriber will find To: header is not for them, a bit confusing.

They shouldn't be confused if the header says that it was addressed to a
list of people... ah well, I think mpack will send individual messages
if you wish it to do so.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not