CN Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 27 Apr 2000:
> (1) Mutt does not provide command line option to specify/override
> "FROM:".

You can get around that by using "my_hdr From: blah <blah@blah>" and
the -e command line switch, or by specifying an alternative .muttrc
file with the -F option.

> (3) The receipient gets unreadable Subject like:
> Subject: Fwd: Fw: XXXYXVXXXK,EQXVXCXX.
> most of the time when the origional Subject: contains multi-byte
> characters.

I don't know how multi-byte characters are supposed to be encoded in
Subject (any header) lines...  I'm not even sure if it's even possible
to do that.

> Do I have any alternatives for mail client?
> How do I fix the messed up Subject: problem?

You can fix the From address easily enough with Mutt.  As for Subject
problem, I'm not sure.  It sounds like it might be time to come up with
your own mail generator program/script and calling sendmail directly
from that (but with ready made headers so that it's not sendmail that's
generating them).

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /