Barney --

...and then Barney Wells said...
% I am using mutt .93.1 on SCO UNIX 5.0.5.

Wow, that's pretty old :-)

% I installed mutt last week, so my experience
% is one week old. I want my database to e-mail
% files to intranet users. This is done with the command;
%
% mutt -s test -a test.file username
%
% Instead of mutt sending the request I am prompted with

Since you've provided no message body (with something like

  echo "testing" | mutt -s test -a test.file username

or

  mutt -s test -a test.file username < /dev/null

as examples) mutt gives you the opportunity to provide it.

% Can you please help me with the config settings that I am missing.

No config; just usage :-)

%
% Also, the only version I could get working is the version that
% I found on the skunkware CD-ROM.

I take it, then, that you've downloaded some fairly current source
(1.2.5, 1.3.x) and tried to compile it on your box...  What sorts of
problems did you have?

%
% Thanks in advance
% BW