On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 12:31:07PM +0300, Mikko Hänninen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> Antonio Fragola - MrShark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Mon, 01 May 2000:
> > set mbox=+inbox
> > mbox-hook '~h ^From.*palleria.*' +Friends/vito
> > mbox-hook '~h ^From.*colosimo.*' +Friends/franco
> >
> >    but read emails from palleria and colosimo continues to go in  inbox,
> > instead of the other 2 mailboxes, Why?
>
> Because mbox-hook doesn't take a full Mutt pattern, it only takes a
> regular expression which will be matched against the current folder
> name.  Ie. you can't save read messages automatically on per-message
> basis, only per-folder.

Right.  And save hook is for when you're saving individual messages,
not for moving read mail, so ignore my previous message.

Your best bet for getting this to work might be something like

set mbox='|formail -s procmail .mutt-procmailrc'

where .mutt-procmailrc has recipes detailing where each message goes.
I don't know if that works though, and I'm not about to test it right
now.  I might later.

> (This is according to the docs, I don't use the auto-move feature
> myself...)

This'll teach me to try to read the docs and reply about a feature I
don't use (mainly because it doesn't exist) before I'm awake.  :-)

> --
[...]
> The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.

Yeah, that's it!  I was right!  It's reality that has it wrong!

--
Jim Toth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]