On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 08:51:29AM -0600, Charles Curley muttered:
-> On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 10:31:10AM -0400, Hardy Merrill wrote:
->
-> Xbiff, set to watch your main input file ("xbiff -file ~/Mail/in &"), will
-> ring its bell and put the flag up on incoming mail. Only after you have
-> read the new mail does the flag goes down. At least, that's what I'm
-> seeing here.

Oops, I reported that incorrectly. The flag goes up on new mail, mutt
collects it, tnen, on xbiff's next poll, the flag goes down.

->
-> So xbiff is useful: it beeps on new mail, and is more visible than mutt's
-> "new mail" notice.
->
-> Also, xbiff watches the given file all the time, so that if you are
-> looking at another mail file, xbiff still works.
->
-> And xbiff is a better candidate for "sticky" than a mutt xterm.
->
-> If there is a way to turn off mutt's autochecking, I don't know of it. But
-> check the manual for that. But you don't need to turn off
-> autochecking. xbiff reports new mail even after mutt reads it in.

Looks like you should check into turning off autochecking.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley