David DeSimone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Mon, 01 May 2000:
> Anyway, Mutt is supposed to notice new mail without being told to look
> for it.

I have $mail_check set to 5 (and $timeout at 600, but I don't think
that matters).  I use Maildir over NFS.  I find myself frequently in a
situation where I see in my incoming mail log that I've gotten mail in
a particular folder while I'm reading it, but Mutt doesn't seem to
notice it.  It certainly takes much longer than the 5 seconds that the
$mail_check value would indicate, assuming I understood its meaning
correctly...  I wonder if this could possibly be some sort of NFS
caching issue or something?

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /