Mikko Hänninen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use Maildir over NFS.  I find myself frequently in a situation where
> I see in my incoming mail log that I've gotten mail in a particular
> folder while I'm reading it, but Mutt doesn't seem to notice it.  It
> certainly takes much longer than the 5 seconds that the $mail_check
> value would indicate, assuming I understood its meaning correctly...
> I wonder if this could possibly be some sort of NFS caching issue or
> something?

That would be quite unfortunate, as NFS is one of the main reasons to
prefer maildir over other mailbox formats.  Mutt does, though, appear to
pay attention to the modified time on the directory, as an optimization
for checking for new messages.  So it looks like that could well be the
issue.  Try playing around with storing files in a directory from one
NFS client, then examining the modified time of the directory from
another client.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not