Antoine Martin proclaimed on mutt-users that:

>> Procmail is better for this imho.  Set up a dummy account on your local
>> box, which has a procmailrc set to return an autoack to the sender -
>> bounce it to that account with some keybinding, say.
>>
>> [rube goldberg solution, sort of]
>Yes I could do it with procmail, but it is not what I meant :
>procmail can notify that I've received the mail, but can't notify
>that I've *read* it.

That is what I said - I will spell it out a bit better :)

1. You receive mail and read it

2. Your .muttrc has a line - unignore Disposition-Notificiation-To,
Return-Receipt-To

3. You read the mail and then bounce it to a dummy account on your box
(assuming you have root privileges and can add users, that is) :)

4. A .procmailrc on that dummy account has an autoresponder which will
respond to the original sender "Hi, I've read your message, I'll get back
to you ASAP".

got it?

Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
Brain, n.:
        The apparatus with which we think that we think.