Suresh --

...and then Suresh Ramasubramanian said...
% David T-G proclaimed on mutt-users that:
%
% >What, you can make a dummy login that can handle mail addressed to
% >anyone, but not a script?  Just put the script in /usr/local/bin and
% >let the calling user (you know, that guy who pipes it a message) provide
% >the From: info without even trying!
%
% Yep - you _do_ have a point, but I use the dummy login as an autoresponder

Of course, if you already have one, then it probably *is* the easier way
to go ;-)

% anyway ... and this way, my _real_ mail id is not exposed to all and
% sundry :)

Ahhh...  A good point, to be sure.

%
% I have several accounts aliasing to my real address, which is extensively
% filtered, btw ... and I prefer it this way for these reasons.  YMMV :)

I'd probably be of about the same viewpoint, since I do, too (I counted
them the other day for ssome need and was surprised at how many!).  So
I'd write the script to allow a -f parameter and to be smart enough to
look for the To: address ;-)

Hmmm...  This is starting to sound like a fun little hack, except I
don't like the idea of DSN in the first place so I'm not likely to bother.

%
% --
% Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
% There are two types of people in this world, good and bad.  The good
% sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
%               -- Woody Allen

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature