clemensF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Sat, 20 May 2000:
> there's always the possibility to pipe the mess thru some external program,
> either in the editor or perhaps with some construct involving ":source
> <program> |".

How does that help in the situation we were discussing?

Well, I guess you could do a script that reads the message-to-be-replied
to, writes a template reply email out to a file, and then this could be
used with the resend-message (or edit-postponed) in Mutt as a basis of
the new email...  It would work, but you'd be taking all the
intelligence with regards to lists and send-hooks and all that outside
of Mutt.  And it would be quite a bit of work, probably, to do such a
script.

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /