Hi,

I want to like Mutt but I have a huge number of questions that I haven't
been able to figure out answers to. All of them have to do with IMAP.

My mail servers at work are all IMAP. I like being able to keep my mail
on the server and not suck up my own personal disk space. However, I
don't know how best to use Mutt in this situation.

I currently use Netscape Communicator for my IMAP access It does some
things I really like, however, it is unstable and flaky and huge and
slow and it doesn't do some things that Mutt can do (e.g., different
sigs for different To: addresses).

First, I would like to be able to filter all new messages to there
appropriate folders when I check my mail. (e.g., messages from mutt.org
go to the mutt folder). I know if I was using POP3 or fetchmail and
procmail that this would be a cinch, how can it be accomplished with
IMAP.

Second, I tend to archive my messages (20,000 at the moment) It appears
that Mutt starts processing all the messages each time it is invoked. Is
this the way it works, or have I just got something configured
incorrectly?

Third, I can set Netscape up to show me only the new messages, can I do
that with Mutt?

Thanks for your assitance.

BTW: I have not yet subsccribed to the list, so could any replies come
to me personally.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chief Technology Officer              www.exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer                           MIG #1433
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.