Yip --

...and then Yip Weng said...
% By default, my .muttrc collapses all threads. I find it difficult to
% distinguish between (i) mail with underlying threads, and (ii)
% singular mail. Where there is *new* mail underlying a thread, there is
% a big fat 'N' to indicate this. However, where I am browsing old mail,
% I find it better if there is some marking to show which threads are
% single and which are multiple.

Hmmm...  I've found that 'N' next to only single messages; collapsed
threads with new mail have 'n' by them.

But the even clearer indication of a collapsed thread is that, instead
of the number of lines in the message, the number of messages and a '#'
are displayed in that column.  You can play with your index_format and
pager_format settings (um, did they change in 1.2?) to tweak things as
you like, and probably even throw in some color to make things even more
obvious (no idea how to do that, though; I'm a mono-phile).

%
% Any suggestions?
%
% Thank you very much in advance.
%
% Some newbie rattle: I just migrated from Win2000 to Linux, and am using
% Mutt as substitute for my erstwhile mailer Forte Agent 1.8, to which
% threading is also a feature. I have found mutt to be outrageously
% flexible and powerful, and the text based screen is so much better for
% my eyes (really!)

Welcome to the clob :-)

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature