What woulkd be handy 9for me at least)
is the ability to modify colors with patterns ..

e.g. in my pager I have various colors to discern various senders.
now what would be nce if I could do something like
(pseudosyntax)

color index from_the_boss yellow default
color index priority=urgent  bright default

which means that normal messages are default
message that are tagged urgent are set in the bright default color
messages from the boss in yellow
and urgnet messages fom the boss in bright yellow

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
 =`\<,  Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil